PEN Center USA Literary Awards program is accepting screenplays written by writers living west of the Mississippi River.
Entries are reviewed and judged by
panels of distinguished writers, critics, and editors. Winners will be
announced in the fall of 2017. Each winner receives a $1,000 cash prize, a
one-year membership to PEN Center USA, and two tickets to the Literary Awards
Festival in the fall of 2017.
•Writers and translators whose primary residence while writing their entries was in the United States, west of the Mississippi River (including all of Minnesota and Louisiana), are eligible. For works written by two or more persons, the majority of the writers must reside west of the Mississippi River.
• Screenplays must have been released between January 1, 2017 and September 1, 2017 to be eligible.
• Only original written material is eligible for submission.
• Documentaries are ineligible.
• Form with pdf of script attached must be submitted via Submittable by August 15, 2017.
• Mail check for $35 per entry payable to PEN Center USA, and postmarked by February 20, to: PEN Center USA, 8549 Wilshire Blvd. #355, Beverly Hills, CA 90211 INDICATE TITLE OF SCREENPLAY(S) ON CHECK!
• Mail check payment with copy of entry form, postmarked by August 15, 2017, to: PEN Center USA Literary Awards, 8549 Wilshire Blvd. #355, Beverly Hills, CA 90211.
• Entry fees are non-refundable.
• Submissions will not be returned.